Meet Kate Van Riper, CCHt
Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
Through advanced hypnosis techniques and other modalities, I help my clients overcome limiting beliefs and behaviors in order to perform and feel their best. I enjoy facilitating therapeutic experiences in a relaxing, transformative manner that allows my clients to feel comfortable, enjoy the process, and see results. Each session I like to provide my clients with the tools and techniques they need and can even use on their own to make the positive changes that they desire to live a fulfilling and happy life.
Ever since I was a young girl, I felt called to become a professional healer. However, the realities of supporting and raising a family as a single parent meant that I had to take a detour from the professional healing path. So I decided to channel these energies into a suitable career in business. I spent many rewarding years leading Human Resources for companies in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and other industries before starting my wellness business in 2018.
When not focusing on my work, I love to connect with family and friends, cook and travel, especially to places with a rich history, here and abroad. I believe that we are all mirrors of each other and that with each encounter I have the opportunity to learn more about myself, which makes me a better hypnotherapist.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from San Diego State University and Master’s level education in Psychology from San Diego University for Integrative Studies.
- Current certification as a Clinical Hypnotherapist by American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE), the primary national professional organization establishing standards for the practice of hypnotherapy. Certification entails successful completion of 300 hours of instruction and practicum in hypnosis from a state-approved school, completing continuing education requirements, and pledging to maintain a Professional Code of Ethics.
- Clinical Hypnotherapist in private practice in-person in San Diego County, California and Brentwood, Tennessee as well as online since 2017.
- Certifications in various specialized areas of hypnotherapy including smoking cessation, weight loss, trauma, emotional issues, children and teen issues, pain control, and more.
- Certified Practitioner of NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming) and ENERGY HEALING.
- Certified Practitioner of LIGHT (Light-induced Guided Healing Therapy).
- Certified Facilitator of CIRCLING.
- Teacher of hypnotherapy and guided imagery at UCSD Center for Integrative Health in San Diego, California and at Adapt Functional Movement Center in Carlsbad, California.